The COVID-19 pandemic has served as a catalyst for certain movements that have emerged in recent years, such as responsible consumption, the circular economy, stronger partnerships, and a focus on long-term coaching and mentoring rather than simply a product or service. Looking to the future, it’s clear we need to train our efforts on the sustainability of our assets, with the strengthening of environmental, social and governance requirements being an integral part of sound asset management.
is the New Green »
Asset durability is played out at several levels: from emergency response in the event of a failure to a diagnostic test in conjunction with a preventive maintenance and inspection plan, along with dynamic monitoring in real time, to smart extension of the service life of the asset in terms of the environment and operating context.
Focusing on ensuring asset durability delivers positive impacts for workplace safety, the environment (e.g., reduced GHGs), communities and the financial health of our partners.
Consolidation Tadoussac Wharf (walls A, B and C)
Client: Municipalité de Tadoussac
Project timeline: October 2016 to June 2019
Owing to significant corrosion and holes in the wharf’s sheet pile walls, the Norda Stelo team:
- developed a tender call for a geotechnical investigation;
- assessed various approaches to stabilizing the walls and related costs;
- presented solutions and recommendations to municipal officials;
- prepared technical documents (plans and specifications) for consolidating the walls;
- evaluated costs and scheduling, specifically with regard to resolving the issue of runoff and the freezing of runoff from the rocky hill near the wharf;
- conducted an environmental assessment;
- provided technical assistance during tender call and bid evaluation process;
- provided ongoing monitoring and supervision of the work.
Inspection – Société du chemin
de fer de la Gaspésie
Client: Ministère des Transports du Québec and the Société du chemin de fer de la Gaspésie
Project timeline: 2011 to 2018
Since November 2011, Norda Stelo has carried out a number of engineering railway bridge-related projects for the SCFG and the MTMDET railways department. The projects included bridge inspections, bearing capacity studies, cost estimates, design work, site supervision and the provision of technical assistance for railway structures. The services involved the rehabilitation of rail facilities and operation of the first tourist train between the City of Gaspé and the Percé tourist site.
Tank Farm Health Review
Generated by Norda Stelo’s
New Collaborative Platform
Contact our team
Partnering with you in delivering innovation.